Image by Alistair Muir
Call for applications: NAC Youth Arts Overseas Attachment Programme
Interested to work with young people in, or through, the arts? The National Arts Council is looking for outstanding and committed individuals to participate in a three-month attachment programme in the United Kingdom from May to July 2014.
The programme offers the opportunity to embark on an immersive learning experience at a mix of established UK youth arts organisations. Upon return, participants will be expected to contribute to the youth arts landscape by developing or facilitating opportunities for young people to be engaged with/through the arts.
The seven organisations participating in the programme include youth-focused arts companies, arts development agencies that broker partnerships between artists and young people, as well as organisations that engage youths at-risk and youths with special needs through the arts.
Shortlisted applicants will attend a two-day workshop “Developing arts projects for young people” on 15 – 16 February 2014 that the National Arts Council is organising*; and will be interviewed on 17 February 2014.
*Limited spaces for the workshop are available for non-shortlisted applicants and the public.
|Applications must be received by: ||31 January 2014 |
|Shortlisted applicants will be notified by: ||7 February 2014 |
|Workshop: ||15 – 16 February 2014 |
|Interviews: ||17 February 2014 |
|Successful applicants will be notified by: ||1 March 2014 |
|Overseas attachments: ||May – July 2014 |
a) be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
b) be aged 21 years and above;
c) be proficient in English as this will be the working language; and
d) have a record of involvement in the arts, and possess some experience in collaborating or working with children or youths.
Applicants will be assessed based on:
• their ability to complete the programme;
• the benefits of the proposed programme to their creative and/or professional development;
• their inclination to learn and explore different perspectives and share knowledge and ideas about young people and the arts;
• merit and potential of their short and long-term plans that apply ideas and skills gained; and
• their capacity and commitment to developing and contributing to Singapore’s youth arts scene.
Priority is given to applicants who will commit to the full three-month duration of the programme. Applicants who are unable to commit to the full duration should indicate their minimum commitment period in the Application Form.
Click to download the information sheet and the application form.
All applications must be received by the National Arts Council by 31 January 2014. The following documents must be included:
1) Completed application form;
2) Detailed curriculum vitae;
3) Brief personal bio with a focus on the applicant’s involvement with the arts, and experience with regard to working or collaborating with young people; and
4) A write-up that proposes the benefits that the programme would have on the applicant’s creative and/or professional development; and the applicant’s short and long-term plans for applying ideas and skills gained post-trip.
For enquiries and applications, please contact Ms Sandy Teo at 6346 9626 or firstname.lastname@example.org